Tuesday 2 April 2013

The Handmade Corset Update #4



Just a quick update to show where I am at the moment - I'm just at the stage of sewing the leather trim along the bottom hem and it's complicated work. I'm also not convinced I've got the pattern just right - it seems to be far shorter in the body than I imagined it would be. The ones in the museums are incredible long in the body and I'm a tall person! I've obviously not done the dimensions correctly. But nevermind, it will still be exciting to feel what it's like to wear and have such a bulky garment strapped round you.
If I'm honest - it makes me want to do another one.


This, once finished, will be trimmed down and pulled to the back tightly, like I've done the top.


That's it for now, I'm just going to keep going and keep updating.




No comments:

Post a Comment